HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Land Requirements Advisor at HS2, you will be required to liaison with the L&P, Delivery and their contractor teams to assure the CLRs submitted and ensure compliance with procedures and data standards, and to formally commission them to Land Assembly for the preparation and service of notice. In addition, this role will conduct GIS analysis to enable data analysis, production of GIS plans and assist with CAPEX forecasting, monitoring and reporting. This will require an ability to understand spatial extents of land being acquired in any given period and provide insights to help inform land acquisition strategies.
About the role:
• Leading the relationship with the Delivery and Land Assembly teams to ensure geospatial data is managed appropriately and land requirements submitted are in line with the L&P requirements;
• Assurance and merging of survey schedules to reflect combined requirements of each land acquisition parcel;
• Commissioning of CLRs and schedules to the Land Assembly team;
• Briefing and training of Construction delivery teams and their contractors on the CLR submission process;
• Processing GIS and other data requests to support workstreams across Land and Property by integrating and delivering innovative geospatial solutions;
• Accountable for leading the development and analysis of Phase 2 programme reporting and data, identifying key trends, issues, insights and common themes, communicating these clearly and concisely Leading and maintaining alignment of reports with the evolving client and business needs, proposing changes to the development and delivery areas as required and developing innovative solutions to automate and simplify reporting;
• Provide GIS capability and own the data requirements for Phase 2B Petition Management;
• Apply advanced GIS skills, principles and knowledge to support all GIS assignments and tasks including excellent cartographic skills to ensure all work is accurate and high quality;
• Ensure HS2 GIS standards and specifications are adhered to through implementing and managing effective quality assurance processes.
• Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
• Ability to compile, assure and analyse large volumes data using GIS, Microsoft products and database reporting tools to draw out key issues in a clear and concise manner that is suitable for a variety of audiences;
• Ability to coordinate submissions from contractors including setting clear deliverables and quality standards;
• Proficient user of IT systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet, MS Access, ArcMap etc.);
• Ability to develop effective relationships and deliver complex projects to agreed timescales.
• Understanding of land powers available through the differing legislative procedures underpinning infrastructure schemes (e.g. High Speed Rail Acts, Compulsory Purchase Acts, Housing & Planning Act);
• Understanding of compulsory purchase powers including relevant statutes and precedents / established practices;
• Understanding of land and property ownership and occupation rights;
Type of experience:
• Experience of instructing and collaborating with contractors;
• Experience of operating within a project/programme environment;
• Experience of delivering within infrastructure and construction programmes.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.About Us
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|