Principal Technical Program Manager, Security Assurance Europe – Job ID: Amazon.jobs Skip to main content Principal Technical Program Manager, Security Assurance Europe
Job ID: AWS EMEA SARL (Germany Branch)
Apply now DESCRIPTION
Security Assurance’s Regulatory and Industry Security Engagement (RISE) Europe team talks to cybersecurity authorities and other regulators across Europe to help them understand Amazon’s vision for cloud security. In doing so, we also learn how we can be better partners to European societies in their journey towards achieving a higher level of cybersecurity and trust in technology. We use those insights to help highly regulated customers as well as our own engineers solve complex security challenges across a variety of global architectures in a scalable and pragmatic way.
The successful Principal Technical Program Manager for Security Assurance Europe will have deep knowledge of current and emerging European compliance requirements for technology, including artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and critical infrastructures. They will be able to translate that knowledge into engineering requirements, advise on architectures, drive escalations, and build cross-functional teams to drive change. In doing so, they will manage internal resources and report to the most senior executives on the progress of the team’s efforts.
The preferred location is Berlin, Germany, but applications to Munich, Germany; Amsterdam,The Netherlands; London, UK; Madrid, Spain; Dublin, Ireland; or Luxembourg will also be considered.
Key job responsibilities
– Dive deep into emerging technologies and complex regulatory requirements
– Communicate dense regulatory and technical content to a diverse group of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
– Influence stakeholders and hold them accountable for specific outcomes without wielding direct management authority
– Leverage a deep understanding of cloud technology to anticipate compliance challenges and think big to overcome them
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Berlin, BE, DEU Frankfurt, HE, DEU
– 7+ years of technical product or program management experience
– 10+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
– 7+ years of technical program management experience
– Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
– Experience managing technical programs across cross-functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
– Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
– Experience working directly with engineering teams
– Experience in architectural design or system design independent of an architect
– 8+ years of hands-on work managing complex technology projects experience
– Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice () to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Share this job JOIN US ON Find Careers
Working at Amazon
English, British Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Privacy and Data Company Information Cookies , Inc. or its affiliates
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".